Citibank Korea downsizes consumer banking group Consumer banking group now has four divisions from original nine
이 기사는 2022년 05월 24일 08:01 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.Citigroup’s Korean unit Citibank Korea, which will phase out from retail banking in Korea, has completed its restructuring.
The Korean unit of U.S. banking giant Citigroup downsized its organization from 25 divisions under three groups from 30 divisions under three groups, according to industry sources. Its consumer banking group now consists of four divisions from nine divisions, including risk division, consumer credit risk division, wealth management division and credit division.
The corporate banking division will continue to have six divisions including top tier local corporate division, financial institutions group division, treasury and trade solutions division, commercial banking business division, commercial banking sales support division and markets division.
The corporate banking group is led by executive vice president Kim Kyoung-ho, who was appointed to spearhead the group in February 2021. Kim oversees sales for domestic conglomerates, state-owned enterprises and multinational companies.
Executive vice president Valentin Valderrabano is leading the consumer banking group. He became the head of the group in 2019.
The latest restructuring is part of Citigroup’s plan to exit consumer banking in 13 countries including Korea.
Net profits of Citibank Korea’s consumer banking business have decreased sharply each year. Its net profit decreased from 72.1 billion won ($57 million) in 2018 to 36.5 billion won in 2019 and 14.8 billion won in 2020. Its return on equity was the lowest at 1.33% in 2013 before it rebounded to 4.71% in 2018. It fell again to 2.95% in the first quarter of this year.
Since the bank announced the voluntary retirement scheme after the decision to close its retail service, it has approved applications of about 2,100 employees to leave the company, which brought the number of its employees to 1,400 as of the end of April from 3,500 in 2020. (Reporting by Seo-bin Park)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- 브이티지엠피, 日라쿠텐 '연간 5억엔 돌파상' 수상
- 현실세계로 나온 '메이플 월드', Z세대에 인기
- 쏘카, 기업밸류 1.5조 '파격적'으로 낮췄다
- [IPO 그 후]브랜드엑스 이수연 대표, 꾸준한 자사주 매입 '책임경영'
- 국보 "美 레드힐, 600억대 라이선스·로열티 현금 확보"
- [IB 프로파일]'섬세한 IPO 전략가' 최신호 한국증권 본부장
- [2022 정기 신용평가]'명암' 뚜렷한 신용카드사, 핵심은 '이자비용 관리'
- [VC 경영분석]SV인베, '대형펀드 운용+글로벌 투자' 전략 통했다
- 4년차 신생 에이벤처스, 'AUM 2200억' 돌파
- 전고체 승부수 띄운 삼성, 배터리도 반도체처럼 '2030'?
Translated by Kim So-in 의 다른 기사 보기
- McDonald’s Korea up for sale with focus on its real estate
- Consus Asset Management likely to acquire Jack Nicklaus GC
- MBK Partners seeks to acquire Kakao Mobility
- Hanwha Energy USA to issue $300 mil green bond
- Wemade seeks to register as VASP
- BGF Retail to bolster its presence in Mongolia
- Eyes on SKC's Suwon plant
- Samsung SDI, Stellantis to form battery joint venture in US
- Korea Investors Service upgrades outlook on Kia to positive
- Investment bankers move to unicorn startups
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내