Anchor Equity Partners invests in cosmetics companies A PE firm has invested in DermaFirm and W.Lab
Translated by Kim So-in 공개 2020-04-21 08:00:23
이 기사는 2020년 04월 21일 08:00 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.Anchor Equity Partners (Anchor Equity) has recently acquired two cosmetics companies, which is the firm’s first investment in the cosmetics sector in its history.
According to industry sources on April 16, Anchor Equity invested in derma cosmetics brand DermaFirm and cosmetics company W.Lab last year. The PE firm has become the second largest shareholder of DermaFirm and acquired a controlling stake in W.Lab. Anchor Equity has reportedly paid under 100 billion won to take over the two companies.
DermaFirm manufactures and sells high-functional cosmetics for hospitals. According to the company’s audit report, DermaFirm’s total stocks are comprised of 867,700 common stocks and 86,315 preferred stocks at the end of 2018, of which DermaFirm owner Peter Cha owns 732,300 common stocks, Timefolio Asset Management owns 86,315 preferred stocks and Blooming Springs Korea owns 47,700 common stocks.
Timefolio Asset Management converted its preferred stocks into common stocks in March 2019 and DermaFirm carried out capital increase with consideration and capital reduction without a refund after that. Anchor Equity seems to have bought shares of DermaFirm during the process. As of the end of 2019, Peter Cha had 65.79 percent, Daily Lifestyle Holdings (Anchor Equity) owned 15.38 percent, Timefolio Asset Management owned 7.09 percent and Blooming Springs Korea had 4.68 percent stake in DermaFirm.
Launched in 2014 W.Lab has expanded its business to China, Taiwan and Japan. W.Lab sells skincare and makeup products.
According to the operator of W.Lab, Wow Ventures’ audit report, Wow Ventures CEO Cho Hyun-ho owned 99 percent of Wow Ventures as of the end of 2018, before Anchor Equity invested in the company at the end of last year. As of the end of 2019, Wow Holdings (Anchor Equity) owned 70 percent and Cho owned 29 percent of the company. Moreover, Ahn Sang-gyun, a managing partner at Anchor Equity, has joined Wow Ventures’ board as a non-executive director.
Anchor Equity successfully exited Geo-Young and Health Balance last year. The PE firm is managing a portfolio composed of waste disposal companies and a portfolio composed of food ingredients companies.
(By reporter Han Hee-yeon)
< 저작권자 ⓒ 자본시장 미디어 'thebell', 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지 >
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- "이변 없었다" EMC홀딩스 본입찰에 숏리스트 모두 응찰
- DK D&I, 사명 '엠투엔' 변경 "바이오 사업 본격화"
- 한국코퍼레이션, 공개 매각 재개
- 딜로이트안진, 헬스케어 자문 힘싣는다…전문가 영입
- [대박보다 소확행 시내버스 투자]잇따른 PEF 진출에 지자체 '기대반 걱정반'
- 이상파트너스, 첫 블라인드펀드 소진 박차
- [아시아나항공 M&A]딜 무산 가능성 점증…반기 재무제표에 주목
- [항공업 구조조정]대한항공 기내식기판사업 매각 협상 막바지
- [효성캐피탈 M&A]실사기간 추가 요구에 매도자 ‘고민’
- 첫발 뗀 국민연금 해외 PDF 투자, 리스크 관리 필요성 대두
Translated by Kim So-in 의 다른 기사 보기
- South Korean M&A market remains subdued
- Samsung Securities tops acquisition financing league tables
- VIG Partners takes over Homenuri Mart
- LG Chem, Hanwha Solutions gear up to buy stake in US chemical plant
- Hyundai Hitec put up for sale
- Parking Cloud to raise external funds
- PE firms joining hands to be picked by K-Growth
- Keistone Partners starts sale process of Cardoc
- WWG Asset Management acquires Semyoung Tech
- Samil PwC reaching transition
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4127유료 서비스 안내