SG PE's close links with Hanmi on focus The PE firm has taken part in Hanmi's new businesses over the past few years
이 기사는 2020년 05월 27일 08:00 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.SG Private Equity (SG PE) is playing a significant role as a financial investor of South Korea’s Hanmi Pharmaceutical Group.
SG PE's close relationship with Hanmi started in 2014 when the PE firm invested in Ofmom Company. Ofmom Company, 100 percent owned by Hanmi owner’s three children, was established to tap into new overseas markets. SG PE acquired Ofmom Company’s redeemable convertible preference shares (RCPS) worth 25 billion won and convertible bonds worth 25 billion won in 2014. The proceeds were used to build Ofmom Company’s new powdered formula factory in China.
Three years later, the PE firm exited its investment in convertible bonds, with Ofmom Company exercising its call options. In July 2018, SG PE sold RCPS to Ofmom Company’s affiliated company to fully exit its investments. The PE firm’s investment in Ofmom Company recorded an internal rate of return (IRR) of 11.8 percent.
Ofmom Company started to seek a new business opportunity which can create synergies with its settled powdered formula business. At that time, SG PE and Plutus Equity Partners’ acquisition of local luxury postpartum care center DeRAMA attracted CEO of Hanmi Science Lim Chong-yoon’s attention. SG PE and Plutus took over DeRAMA through a 22.5 billion won project fund, in which Lim participated as a strategic investor. Lim’s aim was to weigh the possibility of expanding its business into China by helping the postpartum care center enter the Chinese market.
DeRAMA started its business in 2016 by leasing an entire floor of Marriott Hotel in Beijing and is currently preparing to enter the Thai market. Ofmom Company has recently taken over DeRAMA from SG PE and Plutus to create strong synergies between its powdered formula business and the postpartum care business.
SG PE is likely to keep its close relationship with Hanmi, considering it has repeatedly participated in the group’s new business as a financial investor. The PE firm is currently sitting on a large pile of cash, with the firm raising 500 billion won for its third blind-pool fund at the beginning of this year.
(Reporting by Se-hun Jo)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- 우본 사모대체 위탁운용사 선정작업 돌입
- 연이은 공모주 흥행…최대어 '빅히트'도 가세한다
- 공모채 시장 숨고르기…'LG이노텍·S-OIL' 다음주 대기
- 깨끗한나라, 실적개선에 사모채 발행 러시
- 바이오벤처 큐로셀, 시리즈C 440억 투자 유치
- 필룩스그룹, 집중호우 피해 복구에 1억 기부
- [건설사 시공능력 점검]대보건설, 대형 민자사업 약진…1군 '안착'
- [유화업 온실가스 점검]SK에너지, 배출량 '틈새 관리' 비용 대신 수익으로
- '마스크 공장 설립' 에스디생명, 수출 본격 추진
- [부동산 컨버전 시대]서울디앤씨, 백화점 허물고 주상복합 올리다
Translated by Kim So-in 의 다른 기사 보기
- South Korean M&A market remains subdued
- Samsung Securities tops acquisition financing league tables
- VIG Partners takes over Homenuri Mart
- LG Chem, Hanwha Solutions gear up to buy stake in US chemical plant
- Hyundai Hitec put up for sale
- Parking Cloud to raise external funds
- PE firms joining hands to be picked by K-Growth
- Keistone Partners starts sale process of Cardoc
- WWG Asset Management acquires Semyoung Tech
- Samil PwC reaching transition
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4127유료 서비스 안내