Jungheung wants to reduce cost of funding Daewoo E&C takeover Construction conglomerate wants 3% interest rate, much lower than market rates
이 기사는 2021년 09월 16일 08:07 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.South Korea’s Jungheung Group is tapping the debt market as it prepares to finance its multi-billion dollar acquisition of Daewoo E&C.
The South Korean construction conglomerate in July signed a memorandum of understanding to acquire a 50.75% stake in Daewoo E&C from Korea Development Bank Investment (KDB Investment) for 2.1 trillion won ($1.8 billion). It has since been performing detailed due diligence and exploring options to finance the acquisition.
The conglomerate reportedly revealed in its document submitted to KDB Investment that it had cash on hand of 1.1 trillion won. With 600 billion won cash expected to be generated during the remaining period of this year, there is a total of 1.7 trillion won cash available to the conglomerate.
But given Jungheung’s conservative financial policy, many have expected that a large portion of the acquisition cost will be funded through debt financing.
KB Securities and Mirae Asset Securities are working with Jungheung to arrange acquisition financing. The two brokerage firms each provided 900 billion won of financing commitments to the conglomerate.
However, BBB-rated Jungheung is reportedly seeking an interest rate of 3% – more than 100 basis points lower than 4.237%, the average yield of BBB-rated bonds on September 13 – making its debt sale less attractive to investors.
Shares in Daewoo E&C, which is rated A- by the country’s credit rating agencies, are likely to be used as collateral. But investors will pay greater attention to Jungheung which is the debtor.
“Several large debt sales are expected before the end of the year considering major merger and acquisition deals announced this year,” an investor said. “If a relatively lower interest rate is offered by a debtor, this clearly reduces the attractiveness.” (Reporting by Hee-yeon Han)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- '은둔형' 유화증권, NCR에 가려진 '성장동력' 상실
- 교보증권, 부진한 실적 '부동산PF·파생상품' 위안
- IPO 앞둔 이브로드캐스팅, '사업다각화' 속도
- [테라·루나발 게임사 기류 점검]컴투스, 블록체인 전략 '원점'…새 파트너 물색
- 한미 '반도체 기술동맹', 어떤 협력이 가능할까
- 원삼성 꿈에 '한발짝'…시스템LSI와 손잡는 MX사업부
- 하이브의 사업다각화 승부수, '양날의 검' 될까
- [thebell interview]김은석 창소프트 대표 "독자 개발 BIM 솔루션 B2C로 확장”
- 베르티스, 다차원 오믹스 분석 솔루션 'PASS' 출시
- 데브시스터즈벤처스, 펀드 소진 '착착' 출자사업 계속 도전
Translated by Ryu Ho-joung 의 다른 기사 보기
- GEPS to appoint its new CIO soon
- Shinsegae Intl gets boost from Swiss Perfection acquisition
- Mando improves profitability in Chinese market
- Coinone focuses on crypto staking services to improve revenue
- How Hyundai Motor Group will fund its massive EV investment?
- LG Electronics sets sights on green building market in Europe
- Halla Group considers $40 mil equity investment in chip parts firm
- The Nature Holdings acquires swimwear brand Barrel
- Labor ministry begins probe into S-Oil refinery explosion
- AmorePacific’s ESG rating at risk of being downgraded
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내