Shareholders approve SK Telecom's SK Square spinoff SK Square to kick off on Nov 1, with key figures joining the firm
이 기사는 2021년 10월 15일 08:11 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.The vast majority of SK Telecom's shareholders approved its spinoff between telecom and non-telecom businesses in the latest move to maximize their corporate values.
The spinoff plan got the nod from 99.95% of the attendants at its extraordinary general meeting held on Tuesday.
Under the plan, the country’s largest wireless carrier will be split into two – one for telecom business and the other for non-telecom business which oversees chip and ICT operations.
SK Square, the unit of non-telecom operations, will kick off on November 1 and be listed on the Korea Exchange on November 29. Shares of SK Telecom will be suspended for a month starting October 26 and relisted on the Kospi on November 29 as well.
Shareholders’ full blessing on the reorganization plan shows their high hopes for executives who will join SK Square. SK Telecom's chief executive officer Park Jung-ho will lead SK Square, with Yoon Poong-young, head of Corporate Center 1 at SK Telecom, and Noh Jong-won, executive vice president at SK hynix joining SK Square.
They are key figures who led the acquisition of SK hynix, the most successful deal SK Group has ever made. SK Square is likely to serve as an investment firm of the SK Group, carrying out investments in semiconductor manufacturers. The group is expected to further strengthen its semiconductor business, which has been led by SK hynix.
Huh Seok-joon, head of SK Telecom's private placement group, and Jason Song, head of the strategic investment group, will lead deals related to application market, gaming, contents, security, commerce, and mobility sectors alongside the semiconductor sector. They aim to develop SK Square into an investment firm specializing in information and communications technologies beyond the semiconductors.
SK Square’s parent SK Inc’s success as an investment-oriented holding company also heightens expectations for SK Square. Unlike other holding companies that focus on controlling and managing affiliates, SK Inc is seeking to boost its enterprise value by investing in eco-friendly, biotech, and advanced materials sectors.
Upon the separation, some of the companies belonging to SK Square will likely accelerate their initial public offering (IPO) processes, though they have not been specified yet. SK Square plans to create an organization dedicated to IPOs in early next month. (Reporting by Pil-woo Choi)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- [교보생명 FI 갈등]어피너티 컨소 "풋옵션 가치 산정하라" 가처분 신청
- 에디슨 컨소 "쌍용차 인수위해 1.6조 자금 마련"
- 두나무, 우리금융 인수전 참여 배경은
- [CFO 워치/지니뮤직]최호창 부사장, "내년 말 시총 8000억" KT 밸류업 첨병된다
- 네이버, '역대급' 현금창출력에 주주환원 여력 확대
- 삼성전자, 갤럭시 언팩 MZ공략 마케팅 돋보인 이유
- [캐시플로 모니터]현금부자 선데이토즈, 2년만에 보따리 풀었다
- '현금부자' 클래시스, 공고한 지배력 유지 비결
- [미국 가는 삼성SDI]스텔란티스 합작법인에 최소 2조 이상 투자
- '다크호스' 메테우스운용 "리츠로 존재감 각인시키겠다"
Translated by Kim So-in 의 다른 기사 보기
- IMM PE set to acquire Hanssem
- Daishin Asset Management seeks to buy Amazon's logistics center in Poland
- Lotte Corp to issue three-year Samurai bond
- Korean companies mull over prime time for their IPOs
- Eyes on whether Fubon Life will be able to buy shares in Woori Financial
- Anchor Equity to make partial exit from KakaoBank
- IBK sells part of its stake in Bank IBK Indonesia
- Korean insurers struggling to sell perpetual and subordinated bonds
- SK Telecom to issue bonds ahead of planned spin-off
- Gamevil no longer a holding company
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내