Namyang Dairy Products to reshuffle management The company will hold extraordinary general meeting on Oct 29
이 기사는 2021년 10월 15일 08:11 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.Scandal-ridden Namyang Dairy Products will carry out management reshuffle following its chairman Hong Won-sik’s recent promise to achieve stable management.
Namyang Dairy announced on Wednesday that it would hold an extraordinary general meeting on October 29 to vote on appointing chief general manager Kim Seung-un, Sejong plant manager Jeong jae-yeon, Naju plant manager Lee Chang-won as inside directors and Kwangwoon Foundation director Lee Jong-min as an outside director.
The company said in a press release last month that it is working on a plan to improve its governance structure through a reorganization of the board of directors, hinting at a possibility of holding an extraordinary general meeting.
Currently, the company’s board of directors includes four inside directors – chairman Hong, his mother Ji Song-juk, his eldest son Jin-seok, and CEO Lee Kwang-beom – and two outside directors – Yang Dong-hoon, a chair professor at Konkuk University and Lee Sang-woo at dairy wholesaler Bukook.
Given that three executives have been nominated for new inside directors, one of the existing inside directors may retain the position.
Analysts said chairman Hong is highly likely to retain his position as it may be difficult for him to completely step down amid ongoing legal dispute with private equity firm Hahn & Company. There is also a possibility of chairman Hong’s eldest son Jin-seok remaining on the board of directors.
Among the three candidates, chief general manager Kim is in the limelight. Namyang said the reason for recommending other two, plant managers Jeong and Lee, was that they have deep knowledge of dairy farming and achieved cost reduction through efficient plant operations, while the company saw Kim as capable of actively participating in management through new business strategies.
One of the three candidates is also likely to replace outgoing CEO Lee. Kim may be appointed as the new CEO considering Jeong and Lee are currently responsible of managing plants in Sejong and Naju. (Reporting by Seon-ho Kim)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- [교보생명 FI 갈등]어피너티 컨소 "풋옵션 가치 산정하라" 가처분 신청
- 에디슨 컨소 "쌍용차 인수위해 1.6조 자금 마련"
- 두나무, 우리금융 인수전 참여 배경은
- [CFO 워치/지니뮤직]최호창 부사장, "내년 말 시총 8000억" KT 밸류업 첨병된다
- 네이버, '역대급' 현금창출력에 주주환원 여력 확대
- 삼성전자, 갤럭시 언팩 MZ공략 마케팅 돋보인 이유
- [캐시플로 모니터]현금부자 선데이토즈, 2년만에 보따리 풀었다
- '현금부자' 클래시스, 공고한 지배력 유지 비결
- [미국 가는 삼성SDI]스텔란티스 합작법인에 최소 2조 이상 투자
- '다크호스' 메테우스운용 "리츠로 존재감 각인시키겠다"
Translated by Kim So-in 의 다른 기사 보기
- IMM PE set to acquire Hanssem
- Daishin Asset Management seeks to buy Amazon's logistics center in Poland
- Lotte Corp to issue three-year Samurai bond
- Korean companies mull over prime time for their IPOs
- Eyes on whether Fubon Life will be able to buy shares in Woori Financial
- Anchor Equity to make partial exit from KakaoBank
- IBK sells part of its stake in Bank IBK Indonesia
- Korean insurers struggling to sell perpetual and subordinated bonds
- SK Telecom to issue bonds ahead of planned spin-off
- Gamevil no longer a holding company
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내