Korean streamer Tving looks for foreign partner Streaming service backed by Naver to ramp up expansion into overseas markets
이 기사는 2021년 10월 15일 08:11 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.South Korean online streaming service Tving is looking for a partnership with a foreign strategic investor as it ramps up efforts to expand into overseas markets amid intensifying competition in the streaming space.
Tving has hired Nomura Securities to help it raise around 300 billion won ($253 million) from external investors through a private share placement, industry sources said on Wednesday. The company is said to seek funds at a 1.5 trillion won valuation.
It is likely that Tving will focus on securing a foreign strategic partner in the funding process, a move that is in line with the company’s push to expand into markets outside of South Korea, industry watchers said.
Tving raised 40 billion won from Naver in June this year in a deal that made the South Korean internet giant the second largest shareholder in the streaming service with a 15.4% stake after CJ ENM, which owns 70.5% of Tving. The company’s third largest shareholder is JTBC Studios with 14.1%.
Tving has since partnered with Naver to grow its monthly active users by connecting with the tech company’s vast user base. It also has focused on expanding its presence in overseas markets by using CJ ENM and Naver’s global networks.
Tving appears to want to strengthen its competitiveness through a partnership with a foreign investor, industry watchers said, as the South Korean company faces increased competition from global streaming platforms such as Netflix and Walt Disney’s Disney+, which is set to launch its service in South Korea in November.
JTBC Studios last year raised 400 billion won from external investors, 300 billion won of which was raised from Seoul-based private equity firm Praxis Capital Partners and the remaining 100 billion won from China’s Tencent Video. The deal was seen as part of an effort by the South Korean production company to expand into the Chinese market.
Tving is expected to start the marketing campaign soon and send out a teaser to potential investors. (Reporting by Seon-young Kim)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- [교보생명 FI 갈등]어피너티 컨소 "풋옵션 가치 산정하라" 가처분 신청
- 에디슨 컨소 "쌍용차 인수위해 1.6조 자금 마련"
- 두나무, 우리금융 인수전 참여 배경은
- [CFO 워치/지니뮤직]최호창 부사장, "내년 말 시총 8000억" KT 밸류업 첨병된다
- 네이버, '역대급' 현금창출력에 주주환원 여력 확대
- 삼성전자, 갤럭시 언팩 MZ공략 마케팅 돋보인 이유
- [캐시플로 모니터]현금부자 선데이토즈, 2년만에 보따리 풀었다
- '현금부자' 클래시스, 공고한 지배력 유지 비결
- [미국 가는 삼성SDI]스텔란티스 합작법인에 최소 2조 이상 투자
- '다크호스' 메테우스운용 "리츠로 존재감 각인시키겠다"
Translated by Ryu Ho-joung 의 다른 기사 보기
- Mid-sized PE firms eye more capital raising as year-end approaches
- Audio streaming platform Spoon seeks to raise $128 mil in pre-IPO round
- What Hyundai Capital's leadership overhaul means for auto conglomerate
- Doosan E&C returns to debt market as financial position improves
- Bespin Global seeks to raise $85 mil in new funding
- Teachers’ Pension on track for double-digit return on alternative investments this year
- Lawyers refute witness’s testimony in trial over Kyobo’s dispute with investors
- US developer Hines seeks to expand South Korean presence
- KIC’s alternative assets allocation reduced for two straight years
- Homeplus to see $168 cash inflow after MBK’s victory over Tesco
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내