Hyundai Department Store bond sale meets strong investor demand Bids totaling $774 million received during bookbuilding
이 기사는 2022년 05월 23일 08:05 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.South Korea’s Hyundai Department Store has attracted 980 billion won ($774 million) in orders from some investors for its first public bond offering this year.
The company’s 200 billion won 3-year bond received orders worth 980 billion won during bookbuilding on Wednesday, according to industry sources. Shinhan Financial Investment, NH Investment & Securities and Kyobo Securities managed the bond sale.
Hyundai Department Store tightened pricing thanks to strong investor demand.
Initial pricing guidance was proposed at between minus 20 and plus 20 basis points of the average yield calculated by major local credit rating agencies. Final pricing on the bond was 7bp below the average yield. On Wednesday, the company’s average yield for the 3-year bond was 3.753%, comparable with an average yield for AA+rated companies.
Pension funds, banks and insurance companies participated in the bookbuilding. The company is reviewing an option to increase the offering to up to 280 billion won.
Final pricing for bonds issued by other AA+ rated companies, including JB Financial Group, SK, Lotte Chemical, Samsung C&T and NH Investment & Securities were all set at 2-25bp above the average yield earlier this year.
Hyundai Department Store’s revenue is starting to improve amid prolonged pandemic and an increase in online purchases. The company recorded 934.4 billion won in revenue in the first quarter, up 36.8% from a year earlier on a consolidated basis. Its operating profit also increased by 36.7% year-over-year to 88.9 billion won in the same period.
The company’s total borrowings increased by 165.9 billion won to 1.25 trillion won in the first quarter and its net borrowings decreased by 92.2 billion won to 273.8 billion won on a consolidated basis. Its cash equivalents increased by 258.2 billion won to 978.2 billion won in the same period. (Reporting by Chan-mi Oh)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- 넥스턴바이오사이언스, 롤코리아 경영권 확보 완료
- 위세아이텍, '사업 경쟁력 강화' 각자 대표 체제 출범
- '렌탈 1위' 코웨이, 후발주자들과 격차 더 벌렸다
- 네이버, '페이머니 통장' 혁신금융서비스 신청 모색
- 중소형거래소도 뭉친다…개별 협의체 'KDA' 출격
- SK시그넷, 자회사 시그넷에너지 '유증자합병' 이유는
- 넷마블, 블록체인 우군 25곳…MBX 글로벌 확장 속도
- 드림어스컴퍼니, 주가하락에 CPS 전환 요원
- [증권사 글로벌사업 점검]KB증권, 현지 증권사 '통큰 인수'...KB 문화 이식
- [증권사 글로벌사업 점검]캄보디아 진출 16년 유안타, 현지화로 시장선점 '결실'
Translated by Kim So-in 의 다른 기사 보기
- McDonald’s Korea up for sale with focus on its real estate
- Consus Asset Management likely to acquire Jack Nicklaus GC
- MBK Partners seeks to acquire Kakao Mobility
- Hanwha Energy USA to issue $300 mil green bond
- Wemade seeks to register as VASP
- BGF Retail to bolster its presence in Mongolia
- Eyes on SKC's Suwon plant
- Samsung SDI, Stellantis to form battery joint venture in US
- Korea Investors Service upgrades outlook on Kia to positive
- Investment bankers move to unicorn startups
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내