Lotte REIT price IPO at top end of range The company set its IPO price at 5000 won apiece amid strong investors' interest
이 기사는 2019년 10월 14일 08:00 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.South Korea's Lotte REIT, a real estate investment trust under the country`s fifth largest conglomerate Lotte Group, priced its shares at 5000 won per share, at the top end of its pricing range. Domestic institutional investors showed overwhelming enthusiasm for the company's initial public offering (IPO).
The book-building process, which was held from September 23 to October 2, garnered 969 investors, equivalent to more than 20 billion shares. The competition rate was 358.06:1. Given the planned IPO values Lotte REIT at 5,000 won apiece, the book-building process attracted an order-book of over 100 trillion won.
Investor demand was way stronger among domestic institutional investors than foreign institutions. Excluding foreign institutional investors who don't have trading record, domestic institutional investors account for 96 percent of the total.
Of 969 investors who participated in the book-building process, 797 were domestic institutional investors. Thirty-two foreign institutional investors participated in the process through the deal roadshow abroad.
"The result was better than I expected. Domestic institutional investors showed strong interest from the beginning of the book-building process," said one industry source.
A strong interest from domestic investors is attributed to the relatively long book-building process. The company conducted its book-building session for domestic institutional investors and the deal roadshow in Hong Kong, Singapore, and New York at the same time. It differs from an ordinary IPO book-building session which normally is held open for the last two days of the deal roadshow abroad.
"The book-building process took place at home and abroad simultaneously. Domestic institutional investors used to wait and see foreign investors' reactions, but this time, they showed strong interest from the start," said the source.
Public subscription starts from October 8. Korea Investment & Securities, one of the co-underwriters, KB Securities, Samsung Securities and Hana Financial Investment have marketed to their clients. "Thanks to the heightened interest in REITs, we have been getting many phone calls from customers inquiring (about the IPO)," said one market watcher.
(By reporter Lim Hyo-jung)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- "이변 없었다" EMC홀딩스 본입찰에 숏리스트 모두 응찰
- DK D&I, 사명 '엠투엔' 변경 "바이오 사업 본격화"
- 한국코퍼레이션, 공개 매각 재개
- 딜로이트안진, 헬스케어 자문 힘싣는다…전문가 영입
- [대박보다 소확행 시내버스 투자]잇따른 PEF 진출에 지자체 '기대반 걱정반'
- 이상파트너스, 첫 블라인드펀드 소진 박차
- [아시아나항공 M&A]딜 무산 가능성 점증…반기 재무제표에 주목
- [항공업 구조조정]대한항공 기내식기판사업 매각 협상 막바지
- [효성캐피탈 M&A]실사기간 추가 요구에 매도자 ‘고민’
- 첫발 뗀 국민연금 해외 PDF 투자, 리스크 관리 필요성 대두
Translated by Kim So-in 의 다른 기사 보기
- South Korean M&A market remains subdued
- Samsung Securities tops acquisition financing league tables
- VIG Partners takes over Homenuri Mart
- LG Chem, Hanwha Solutions gear up to buy stake in US chemical plant
- Hyundai Hitec put up for sale
- Parking Cloud to raise external funds
- PE firms joining hands to be picked by K-Growth
- Keistone Partners starts sale process of Cardoc
- WWG Asset Management acquires Semyoung Tech
- Samil PwC reaching transition
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4127유료 서비스 안내