Macquarie, MBK Partners likely to pull out of bidding race for TmaxSoft Two of the four shortlisted bidders may opt not to submit final offers
이 기사는 2021년 12월 02일 08:05 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.Two of the four shortlisted bidders for TmaxSoft may withdraw from the bidding process, possibly reducing competition between potential buyers interested in acquiring a controlling stake in the South Korean enterprise software company.
Among the bidders to have advanced to the final round of bidding are MBK Partners, SkyLake Equity Partners, Macquarie Korea Asset Management and cloud managed service provider Bespin Global. They have been conducting detailed due diligence since early November.
MBK Partners could have become less interested in acquiring TmaxSoft, industry insiders said. The private equity firm is nearing a deal to buy Seoul-based ecommerce platform operator KoreaCenter, which agreed last week to acquire price comparison service provider Danawa, one of the oldest ecommerce platforms in South Korea.
MBK Partners is considering taking a controlling stake in KoreaCenter by purchasing fresh shares issued by the company, according to sources. The deal, if signed, would be in line with the private equity firm’s latest focus on online commerce.
MBK Partners is also in advanced talks to acquire the management rights in Dongjin Textile, South Korea’s top shoe fabrics maker, with the size of the deal expected to be as big as more than 800 billion won ($678 million).
Macquarie is likely to pull out as well, according to sources. It had been named as one of the frontrunners in the bidding race given its focus on smart infrastructure and its minority stake in LG CNS, which could potentially create synergies with TmaxSoft.
With the reduced interest from potential buyers, the bidding race is expected to be a two-way battle between Bespin Global and SkyLake Equity Partners. TmaxSoft and sale adviser Samjong KPMG are expected to receive final bids and pick a preferred buyer as soon as this month. (Reporting by Seon-young Kim)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- 브이티지엠피, 日라쿠텐 '연간 5억엔 돌파상' 수상
- 현실세계로 나온 '메이플 월드', Z세대에 인기
- 쏘카, 기업밸류 1.5조 '파격적'으로 낮췄다
- [IPO 그 후]브랜드엑스 이수연 대표, 꾸준한 자사주 매입 '책임경영'
- 국보 "美 레드힐, 600억대 라이선스·로열티 현금 확보"
- [IB 프로파일]'섬세한 IPO 전략가' 최신호 한국증권 본부장
- [2022 정기 신용평가]'명암' 뚜렷한 신용카드사, 핵심은 '이자비용 관리'
- [VC 경영분석]SV인베, '대형펀드 운용+글로벌 투자' 전략 통했다
- 4년차 신생 에이벤처스, 'AUM 2200억' 돌파
- 전고체 승부수 띄운 삼성, 배터리도 반도체처럼 '2030'?
Translated by Ryu Ho-joung 의 다른 기사 보기
- Kakao’s hair-care reservation service hires EY Hanyoung for sale
- Lotte to pour $6.4 bil into retail business over next five years
- Why Iljin Materials is up for sale
- GEPS to appoint its new CIO soon
- Shinsegae Intl gets boost from Swiss Perfection acquisition
- Mando improves profitability in Chinese market
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내