SemiFive acquires U.S.-based Analog Bits Korean computer semiconductors developer to strengthen presence in global foundry market
이 기사는 2022년 03월 11일 07:56 thebell 에 표출된 기사입니다.South Korea’s computer semiconductors developer SemiFive has acquired U.S.-based Analog Bits, the industry’s leading provider of low-power mixed-signal IP (intellectual property) solutions.
SemiFive acquired 100% of Analog Bits for $60 million (about 70 billion won) in December 2021, according to industry sources on Tuesday. The Korean firm has made the cross-border deal in a bid to develop its IP capabilities while strengthening its presence in the global foundry ecosystem.
Founded in 1995 by President and CTO Alan Rogers, Analog Bits is the leading supplier of mixed-signal IP with a reputation for easy and reliable integration into advanced system on chips (SoCs). Its products include precision clocking macros, sensors, programmable interconnect solutions such as multi-protocol SERDES and programmable input-output. With billions of IP cores fabricated in customer silicon, from 0.35- micron to 3nm processes, Analog Bits has an outstanding heritage of "first-time-working” with foundries and integrated device manufacturers.
SemiFive is the pioneer of platform based SoC design, working with customers to implement innovative ideas into custom silicon in the most efficient way. Its SoC platforms offer a powerful springboard for new chip designs, and leverage configurable domain-specific architectures and pre-validated key IP pools.
SemiFive said last month that it will actively secure IPs in both overseas and domestic markets.
With the latest deal, SemiFive will enhance its global footprint and engineering capabilities as Analog Bits counts Samsung Electronics, TSMC, UMC, Intel Foundry Services and GlobalFoundries as its major clients.
The latest deal will also help strengthen SemiFive’s partnership with Korean tech giant Samsung Electronics. SemiFive took over Hanatec, an official Samsung Foundry Design Solution Partner (DSP) and leading provider of ASIC design services last year. Analog Bits is also a Samsung Foundry IP partner. (Reporting by Gyoung-tae Kim)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- [2023 더벨 글로벌 투자 로드쇼-베트남]신용보증기금, 중기 베트남 진출 지원에 팔 걷었다
- [2023 더벨 글로벌 투자 로드쇼-베트남]인프라·산업 투자 증가, 부동산 가격 상승 견인
- [2023 더벨 글로벌 투자 로드쇼-베트남]떠오르는 신규 투자처 '온실가스 감축 프로젝트'
- [2023 더벨 글로벌 투자 로드쇼-베트남]VITASK, 베트남 현지 기업 생산·기술력 개선 앞장
- [2023 더벨 글로벌 투자 로드쇼-베트남]급성장 '핀테크' 산업, 전자 결제·P2P·초단기 분야 각광
- [2023 더벨 글로벌 투자 로드쇼-베트남]진출 계획시 세무 접근 필요, '우대세율·감면' 활용해야 '득'
- [2023 더벨 글로벌 투자 로드쇼-베트남]한국이 투자 주춤할 때 태국은 과감히 '베팅'
- [2022 Korean Corporate Global IR]KT, 디지코 전환 '착착'...우량 신용도 '이상 무'
- McDonald’s Korea up for sale with focus on its real estate
- Consus Asset Management likely to acquire Jack Nicklaus GC
Translated by Kim So-in 의 다른 기사 보기
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내