H&Q Korea speeds up overhaul of portfolio companies PE firm hires Oh Se-jin as new CFO of H&Iruja
Translated by Kim So-in 공개 2021-07-27 10:32:52
이 기사는 2021년 07월 27일 07:56 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.Private equity (PE) firm H&Q Korea is accelerating leadership overhaul of companies, which it invested through its fourth blind-pool fund.
H&Q conducted interviews with about 30 candidates, including finance and accounting experts, through a headhunting firm to hire chief financial officer (CFO) of H&Iruja since the beginning of this year, industry sources said Friday. Earlier this month, H&Q selected Oh Se-jin as the OLED production equipment manufacturer's new CFO.
Oh, who previously was in charge of finance operations at Kosdaq-listed Meere Company, is expected to join H&Iruja's board of directors in the future. It is said Oh’s career in the display equipment industry has made H&Q believe he was the right person for the job.
H&Q closed its fourth blind-pool fund in October 2020. The fund was launched about seven years after the PE firm closed its third blind-pool fund in 2013. H&Iruja was the first investment made from the fourth fund.
H&Q earlier this year invested in H&Iruja by acquiring 100 billion won ($86.7 million) worth of exchangeable bonds of H& Holdings, the largest shareholder of H&Iruja. The deal was reportedly led by Lee Jung-jin, managing director at H&Q. Lee Jung-jin and Lee Min-hoon, director at H&Q, serve as non-executive directors on the H&Iruja’s board.
The PE firm is also putting efforts into refining the system of peer-to-peer lending platform Lendit, the fourth fund’s second investment. H&Q invested 50.4 billion won earlier this month to purchase more than 3.1 million redeemable convertible preference shares issued by Lendit.
Managing directors at H&Q, Rhim Yu-chul and Lee Jong-won, were appointed as non-executive directors of Lendit earlier this month. Representatives of early investors in Lendit, including Han Kim, co-founder of Altos Ventures, resigned from the board of directors. (Reporting by Gyoung-tae Kim)
< 저작권자 ⓒ 자본시장 미디어 'thebell', 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지 >
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
Translated by Kim So-in 의 다른 기사 보기
- Harim Group seeks to buy minority stake in Woori Financial
- Shareholders approve SK Telecom's SK Square spinoff
- Namyang Dairy Products to reshuffle management
- MMAA seeking managers for $125 mil PE mandates
- Hanwha Solutions starts stake sale in advanced materials division
- SK hynix enhances presence in global market
- Toss to acquire 60% of Tada to enter taxi mobility market
- Woori Financial stake sale draws strong interest from investors
- LG Electronics to revise its performance-based compensation system
- ADT Caps to raise $250 mil in pre-IPO funding
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내