Hanwha General Insurance to increase its stake in Carrot SK Telecom decides not to participate in Carrot's rights offering
이 기사는 2021년 06월 25일 08:10 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.Hanwha General Insurance will increase its stake in its digital non-life insurer Carrot by 5%.
SK Telecom has decided not to join Carrot’s rights offering slated for Friday, industry sources said Wednesday. Forfeited shares will be acquired by Hanwha General Insurance, the largest shareholder of Carrot.
Carrot decided to carry out a 100 billion won ($88 million) rights offering last month to secure working capital. Existing shareholders will acquire shares worth 90 billion won, with T Map Mobility, a subsidiary of SK Telecom, supposed to buy shares worth 10 billion won.
Hanwha General Insurance initially planned to acquire shares worth 46.4 billion won in the rights offering, but SK Telecom’s absence has made the insurance company’s investment to 61.6 billion won. After the rights offering, Hanwha General Insurance’s stake in Carrot will increase from 51.6% to 56.6%.
STIC Investments with a 15% stake in the digital non-life insurer, Altos Ventures with 9.9%, and Hyundai Motor with 3.5% will participate in the rights offering in proportion to their shareholdings.
SK Telecom, which is currently the second largest shareholder of Carrot, will own a 10% stake in the online non-life insurer after the rights offering.
SK Telecom plans to hand its 10% stake in Carrot over to T Map Mobility in the future. Earlier this year, the boards of directors of the two companies approved T Map Mobility to purchase a 20% stake in Carrot from its parent company for 20 billion won. (Reporting by Eun-sol Lee)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- '자본확충' 에이루트, 바이오·신재생에너지 사업 확대
- ETF 운용에도 '소통'이 필요하다
- [격변의 퇴직연금 시장]중소기업 '기금형 퇴직연금' 전면도입, OCIO 역할 커진다
- 지속가능발전소-KIS채권 '맞손', ESG채권지수 내놨다
- 현금 두둑한 HMM, 영구채 조기상환 '안하나, 못하나'
- 수익·재무 두 마리 토끼 잡는 롯데정밀화학
- '신사업 드라이브' 한국타이어, '형제 갈등' 결과물?
- 코오롱머티 상장폐지, 코오롱인더에 흡수합병 수순?
- 이지스운용, 네오밸류파트너운용 지분 50% 투자
- '스판덱스 호황' 효성티앤씨, '부채 부담'마저 덜었다
Translated by Kim So-in 의 다른 기사 보기
- Main Street Investment invests in US startup WatchBox
- LX Hausys may not sell automotive business amid improving performance
- Candidates for SsangYong Motor likely to be narrowed down to three
- SM Group joins race for SsangYong Motor
- Hahn & Co may take legal action as Namyang owner delays sale process
- Lotte Shopping under audit by its holding company
- Lotte Confectionery improves profitability in 1H
- Stock overhang to have limited impact on KakaoBank stock price
- Samsung Elec's IM division continues stable performance in 2Q
- Krafton IPO draws tepid response from institutions
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내