Access Bio posts record revenue on its own testing kits New Jersey-based firm records $378 million in revenue
이 기사는 2022년 05월 24일 08:02 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.Access Bio, a New Jersey-based leader in the development and manufacturing of diagnostic tests for infectious diseases, posted record revenue in the January-March quarter thanks to its own Covid-19 Antigen testing kits.
Headquartered in Somerset, New Jersey, Access Bio is a manufacturer of in vitro diagnostic tests with the manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Ethiopia, and South Korea. The Kosdaq-listed company is dedicated to the prevention and early diagnosis of infectious diseases.
When the Covid-19 pandemic began, Access Bio partnered with U.S.-based health-tech company Intrivo Diagnostics to distribute its Covid-19 Antigen rapid tests.
Thanks to the pandemic, Access Bio recorded 477.6 billion won ($378 million) in revenue in 2021, up from 30 billion won before the pandemic. It generated about 300 billion won, or 70% of the total revenue, from testing products distributed through Intrivo.
Last year, Intrivo filed a lawsuit against Access Bio for an alleged breach of multiple contracts it held with the company regarding the production and distribution of Covid-19 testing kits.
Intrivo stopped paying Access Bio entirely and Access Bio applied for an arbitration claim to the court to order Intrivo to pay about $80 million to Access Bio.
With the dispute with Intrivo ongoing, Access Bio started to distribute its Covid-19 testing products through its own brand to public institutions, hospitals and research centers. Access Bio reported $646 million in revenue in the first quarter, of which sales through Intrivo accounted for only 20%.
Access Bio aims to increase revenue to 1 trillion won ($790.8 million) this year. It is highly likely to achieve the goal as the company already generated more than half its target during the first three months.
Access Bio is the only Korean company that owns Covid-19 Antigen tests manufacturing facility in the U.S., with its third largest manufacturing capacity following Abbott and Quidel. The company plans to actively distribute its testing products using its own brand. (Reporting by Eun-jin Choi)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- 브이티지엠피, 日라쿠텐 '연간 5억엔 돌파상' 수상
- 현실세계로 나온 '메이플 월드', Z세대에 인기
- 쏘카, 기업밸류 1.5조 '파격적'으로 낮췄다
- [IPO 그 후]브랜드엑스 이수연 대표, 꾸준한 자사주 매입 '책임경영'
- 국보 "美 레드힐, 600억대 라이선스·로열티 현금 확보"
- [IB 프로파일]'섬세한 IPO 전략가' 최신호 한국증권 본부장
- [2022 정기 신용평가]'명암' 뚜렷한 신용카드사, 핵심은 '이자비용 관리'
- [VC 경영분석]SV인베, '대형펀드 운용+글로벌 투자' 전략 통했다
- 4년차 신생 에이벤처스, 'AUM 2200억' 돌파
- 전고체 승부수 띄운 삼성, 배터리도 반도체처럼 '2030'?
Translated by Kim So-in 의 다른 기사 보기
- McDonald’s Korea up for sale with focus on its real estate
- Consus Asset Management likely to acquire Jack Nicklaus GC
- MBK Partners seeks to acquire Kakao Mobility
- Hanwha Energy USA to issue $300 mil green bond
- Wemade seeks to register as VASP
- BGF Retail to bolster its presence in Mongolia
- Eyes on SKC's Suwon plant
- Samsung SDI, Stellantis to form battery joint venture in US
- Korea Investors Service upgrades outlook on Kia to positive
- Investment bankers move to unicorn startups
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내