JC Partners files for regulatory review to acquire KDB Life Insurance Financial watchdog expected to complete review process by August
이 기사는 2021년 06월 22일 08:15 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.The last hurdle for JC Partners to acquire a troubled South Korean life insurance company is likely to clear in two months as the country’s financial watchdog begins regulatory review.
The Seoul-based private equity firm filed paperwork with the Financial Supervisory Service (FSS) on Thursday to kick off a process to examine whether it is eligible to become the largest shareholder of KDB Life Insurance, industry sources said.
The regulatory review comes six months after JC Partners signed a deal to buy some 92% of the insurance company from the state-controlled Korea Development Bank in December. The evaluation process is expected to take around 60 days to complete, with a final decision likely to be made in August.
JC Partners’ acquisition of KDB Insurance has been under preliminary review for the past few months, through which the private equity firm produced a final draft for review by the FSS.
JC Partners is said to have paid careful attention to the composition of limited partners to get approval from the financial authorities, which are stricter toward a private equity firm’s acquisition of a financial services company.
JC Partners has completed financing for the acquisition. 200 billion won ($176.4 million), which was raised from Woori Bank and KDB, will be paid to purchase shares from existing shareholders. The firm will also inject 150 billion won into the insurance company.
It has reportedly yet to be determined whether JC Partners will invest more money in KDB Life Insurance to boost its capital base. An additional capital injection is likely to be decided depending on how the company will fare under JC Partners’ ownership.
JC Partners, if it gets the green light from the FSS, will likely focus on improving the company’s capital adequacy level. KDB Life Insurance had a risk-based capital ratio of 187% at the end of March, far below the industry average of 273.2%. (Reporting by Ar-rum Rho)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- 에이피알, 직원 늘리니 매출폭등…대규모 채용 '기대'
- [저축은행 코로나19 명암]JT저축은행, 성장에 가려진 '건전성·자본비율'
- 스튜어드십코드는 '이미지'가 아니다
- [운용사-신기술조합 CoGP 시대]'반토막' 운용보수 불구 소싱 네트워크 유지 '절실'
- 드림텍, 바이오센서 해외진출 박차…의료기기 매출 기대감↑
- 브레인즈컴퍼니, 강선근 대표만 구주매출
- 모트렉스, 100억 'ESG채권' 발행 "중견기업 최초"
- 산은 지원 중견기업 녹색채권, 왜 인증의견만 받았나
- [지배구조 분석/LT그룹]10년전 삼보이엔씨 IPO 철회가 '신의 한수'
- 대우조선해양건설, 창원 신촌2구역 아파트 재건축 '첫 수주'
Translated by Ryu Ho-joung 의 다른 기사 보기
- IMM Investment to invest $35 mil in outdoor gear maker Helinox
- Samsung Life Insurance to launch online sales in China
- Posco International’s Myanmar gas business sees sharp profit drop
- Kakao Entertainment raises $529 mil in commercial paper issues
- Investment and finance experts join Kurly ahead of planned IPO
- Naver uses $400mil treasury shares for staff compensation and share swaps
- Tmon delays IPO after its chief executive change
- Hoban Construction in talks to buy Doosan Machine Tools
- Hyundai Oilbank’s IPO plan faces bumpy road
- Self-driving startup 42dot launches new funding round
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내