Sale of stake in Hanwha Solutions’ advanced materials business likely to take longer Company hasn't finalized deal structure yet
이 기사는 2021년 11월 26일 08:19 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.Hanwha Solutions’ sale of a stake in its advanced material business is taking longer than expected as it hasn’t decided a deal structure yet.
Hanwha Solutions, part of South Korea's conglomerate Hanwha Group, had been in talks with private equity (PE) firms interested in acquiring a stake in its advanced materials division, but it recently halted the process, mainly because the company hasn’t finalized the deal structure yet, according to industry sources on Tuesday.
“The liquidation of Hanwha Solutions’ advanced materials division is currently at a standstill,” said a source familiar with the deal. “The company is finalizing specific processes, including how much stake in which division will be put up for sale. The deal is not cancelled.”
Hanwha Solutions had been in talks with some PE firms as it planned in early October to carve out the advanced materials business and hand over a 100% stake in its Chinese polyvinyl chloride unit, Hanwha Chemical Ningbo, to the newly created entity.
A number of PE firms started conducting due diligence in mid-October. Market insiders had expected the final decision to be announced in the second week of November given the due diligence process normally takes four to five weeks.
Some market insiders are pessimistic about the deal because the advanced materials business is unlikely to turn to a profit. The division produces light composite and solar materials, with glass fiber mat reinforced thermoplastics (GMT), flexible copper clad laminate (FCCL) and EVA sheets among its key product lines.
“Among them, the mainstay automotive lightweight parts and materials are not widely adopted yet and the business is difficult to make a profit due to pressure from Hyundai Motor and Kia’s original equipment manufacturers to cut costs and competition with LX Hausys,” said an industry source. “Hanwha Solutions’ advanced materials business has been unprofitable for the last few years, and it will be more difficult for PE firms to make the business turn to a profit.”
Hanwha Solutions had sounded out market interest in its advanced materials business last year as part of efforts to improve its financial position.
The company reportedly plans to sell a 49% stake in the new entity and use the proceeds to repay existing debt and improve the company’s financial position. (Reporting by Ha-na Suh)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- [재정비 나선 의류 OEM]'수익성 악화' SG세계물산, 가외 투자사업 시동
- [뉴삼성 차세대 리더십]미국 투자 강화 기조에 첫 DS부문 미주총괄 사장 배출
- [뉴삼성 차세대 리더십]돌아온 경계현 사장, '포스트 김기남'으로 낙점
- [뉴삼성 차세대 리더십]10년만에 변화 준 '에스원 대표=그룹 컨트롤타워' 공식
- [뉴삼성 차세대 리더십]징계·사퇴에도 중용된 살림꾼 박학규 사장
- [뉴삼성 차세대 리더십]'3K 체제' 떠받쳤던 최윤호 사장, SDI로 이동
- [뉴삼성 차세대 리더십]여전한 중추 '미전실 출신' 약진
- [뉴삼성 차세대 리더십]컨트롤타워 '사업지원TF', 부회장급 조직 승격
- [뉴삼성 차세대 리더십]TV가 폰 제쳤다…한종희 초대 세트부문장 선임 이유
- [뉴삼성 차세대 리더십]9년만에 세트 부문 부활…2사업부로 통합
Translated by Kim So-in 의 다른 기사 보기
- Korean visual tech company 4by4 seeks to go public next year
- SK hynix sets up new US business unit under CEO Lee
- Kurly raises $210 mil at $3.4 bil valuation in pre-IPO funding
- SK Square attracted to Korbit's simple shareholding structure
- LG Magna e-Powertrain gearing up to raise funds
- LGES forms largest IPO underwriting syndicate since Samsung Life deal
- ACE Equity Partners sells 30% stake in Preciseley to Hankook & Co
- KEXIM adds new evaluation criteria for selecting bond underwriters
- Posco considers shift to holding company structure
- Bmonument seeking to raise up to $17 mil
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내