Centroid picks The Nature Holdings to join acquisition of TaylorMade Korean PE firm and apparel company to establish joint venture
이 기사는 2021년 06월 16일 08:04 더벨 유료페이지에 표출된 기사입니다.Seoul-based private equity (PE) firm Centroid Investment Partners has selected South Korean mid-size apparel manufacturer The Nature Holdings as its strategic partner in its acquisition of California-based company golf equipment company TaylorMade.
Centroid has picked The Nature Holdings as its equity investor to inject 100 billion won ($89.6 million) in the buyout on Sunday, according to industry sources.
Centroid last month signed a stock purchase agreement to buy a 100% of TaylorMade for around $1.7 billion from U.S.-based PE firm KPS Capital Partners. The Seoul-based firm plans to finance 600 billion won from equity investments, 300 billion won from mezzanine investments and 900 billion won from acquisition financing, with some coming from the strategic investor in equity investments.
Major retailers like Lotte, Shinsegae, and GS, Nexen Tire, Kakao, CJ as well as mid-sized apparel manufacturers including F&F alongside The Nature Holdings submitted their proposals to participate in the buyout deal.
Centroid has picked The Nature Holdings as its partner to bolster fashion line for the international brand. The apparel business accounts for 2% of TaylorMade’s total revenue, significantly lower than Titleist’s 26% and Callaway Golf’s 22%. Centroid has seen growth potential in the apparel fashion business as Korean golfers spend the largest amount of money per person on golf equipment and clothing in the world.
The Nature Holdings is credited for growing National Geographic brand as one of popular fashion brands in Korea. The Nature Holdings’ revenue has grown at an annual average rate of more than 60% since 2017 thanks to National Geographic’s rapid growth.
Centroid and the apparel manufacturer are highly likely to establish a joint venture. With Centroid selecting its strategic investor, the fundraising process is expected to speed up. The deal is likely to close next month. (Reporting by Se-hun Jo)
최신뉴스 in 전체기사
- 빗썸-버킷스튜디오 동맹 기류…지분매각 공감대 생겼나
- [지배구조 분석/네이버웹툰]문피아 인수에 '자사주 활용' 대신 사모펀드 손 잡았다
- [캐시플로 모니터]SK실트론, 순익급감 불구 현금흐름 지표 개선
- 제이콘텐트리, '아픈 손가락' 메가박스중앙 후방지원
- [일진그룹 수소·전기차 굴기]거버넌스 개편 종착점, 계열분리 나설까
- [캐시플로 모니터]LX세미콘, FCF 개선으로 현금창출력 하우시스 역전
- 제이시스메디칼, 대규모 '합병비용' 지불한 이유
- 씨유테크, 주관사 예우…일본계 IPO 모범 되나
- KTB증권, 실적개선·후순위채로 자본적정성 대폭 개선
- SK에코플랜트, 올해 두번째 사모채…차입부담 가중
Translated by Kim So-in 의 다른 기사 보기
- Halla invests $85 mil in battery separator maker WCP
- Huons BioPharma attracts $132 mil from China's Imeik Technology Development
- KT newly creates control tower for investment
- New owner of SsangYong Motor needs to improve R&D capabilities
- Korea Investment PE to receive largest dividend ever from iron ore investment
- Praxis Capital acquires management rights of health supplement firm SeungMyeong
- F&F strengthens control over TaylorMade
- Namyang Dairy to improve governance structure after sale falls through
- Kakao Pay faces delay in IPO process due to heightened regulations
- Netmarble tried to acquire Hanssem with IMM PE
더벨 서비스 문의
02-724-4102유료 서비스 안내